Do you enjoy helping children?
Do you have a large home?
Are you interested in becoming a licensed Foster Parent for the State of Alaska?
If so, this opportunity might be right for you!
The Office of Children’s Services Licensing Department is looking for Emergency Shelter Care Homes (On-Call Homes)
· Do you have 5 beds available for children in need?
· Does your home have at least 2 bathrooms?
· Is there one parent available to provide 24 hour care?
· Are you willing to enter into a contract with the Office of Children’s Services?
· Are you willing to work in a two-on, two-off (weeks) shift capacity?
· Will you agree to engage in on-going training to include topics such as; children in crisis, transitional issues, separation & loss, behaviors common with abused and neglected children, working professionally with OCS and birth parents, fostering in an on-call or short-term capacity etc.?
· Must be willing to comply with all foster home and group home licensing requirements at all times.
· Limit child capacity to no more than 8, to include your own children.
If you answered yes to the above requirements, then your next step is to attend an:
Emergency Shelter Home Workshop
Wednesday, June 12 from 11:30 am
A Light Meal will be provided