Alaska Center for Resource Families

A project of Northwest Resource Associates

At the Alaska Center for Resource Families, our mission is to provide support and training to all of Alaska’s resource families (foster, adoptive, relative caretakers and guardianship families) in order to strengthen them and enhance current skills, while developing new ones. We are dedicated to working in collaborative relationships with OCS, Tribes, and others involved in the foster care and adoptive systems.

The Alaska Center for Resource Families seeks to support, encourage, and assist individuals who wish to become foster parents or to adopt through the foster care system.  Our program welcomes all prospective parents regardless of race, age, sex, marital status, religious beliefs, physical disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.


What's Happening in Alaska...

Let’s Talk ICWA 

(A Teleconference for Resource Families the First Thursday of the Month from 4 to 5 p.m.)

Next Session:  December 3, 4 to 5 p.m. : ICWA Basics   

TO PARTICIPATE:  call 1-800-944-8766.  Participant Code 22460#.

This telephonic event is designed specifically for foster and pre-adoptive parents across Alaska to learn about ICWA (the Indian Child Welfare Act)  and to have a chance to get your questions answered.  Led by April Stahl, OCS ICWA Coordinator in Anchorage, and Danielle Holt, from Kawerak in the Nome Region.  Each session will start with a brief discussion of a specific topic related to ICWA and then be opened up for questions or concerns about what ICWA means and does in Alaska. 


Back to Top